BRC Mental Health Services is beginning the search for Mental Health Technicians and seek those individuals who can provide direct care with clients but also the personal and interpersonal characteristics needed to be successful in a challenging yet rewarding start-up environment. We are a housing provider for adults with Mental Illness diagnosis and we are adding on clinical services to available for our clients. Multiple shifts needed from 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am various days of the week. When applying just let us know if you are looking for the day or night shift and what days of the week you are requesting.
Under the supervision of Clinical staff, the Mental Health Technician provides direct patient care and assists with maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment. The Mental Health Technician provides nursing support duties to patients including monitoring, psychoeducation, assistance with activities of daily living and behavior management in accordance with physician orders and policies and procedures.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living.
- Provides or assists with providing direct patient care.
- Interacts with a variety of professionals and treatment team to implement treatment plan interventions and report pertinent data.
- May have contact with families, significant others, and other social service representatives.
- Observes and records patient behavior and activities. Reports any changes in physical, mental or emotional condition to Clinical staff and suggests modifications to the treatment plan. Observes and records patients behaviors and interactions towards prescribed treatment goals
- Provides crisis intervention and milieu management on the unit to maintain patient and staff safety.
- Assumes personal responsibility for maintaining professional development and practice, any certification or credentialing, and education.
- Observes and monitors patient’s status according to patient monitoring standards, policies and procedures. This includes completion of vital signs, weight log, intake and output, dietary intake, rounds sheets, behavioral rounds sheets), narrative logs and admission checklists or other progress or milieu notes. Reports patient complaints issues or any concerns in a timely manner.
- Provides verbal and written input to nursing staff via ongoing reporting and end of shift report so patient’s needs and care can be prioritized.
- Conducts both informal and formal psycho-educational, recreational and interpersonal skills development groups
- Maintain and update medical records
- Other duties assigned as necessary
- Ability to apply cultural sensitivity and age specific competencies
- Effectively applies program approved policies and procedures
- Prepares documentation to give the most complete description of the patients response and functioning
- Continuously alert to potential safety risks and unsafe conditions
- Coordinate care within a multidisciplinary team framework
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Able to keep to a prescribed schedule and influence compliance
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 18 years old
- CPR and First Aid for Adults (will pay to obtain if needed)
- Medication Assistance Certification (will pay to obtain if needed)
- Experience or wanting to gain experience in the Mental Health field
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in chemical dependency and/or substance abuse treatment
- Can receive paid hours towards any internships
- Pay starts at $10/hr with a quarterly review and possible raise each time
- Benefits include Teledoc, health and dental insurance, retirement, PTO, referrals, membership accounts, holiday pay, cell phone paid and other fun benefits